Whether you’ve been invited for interview or are still making a decision about where to apply, our Oxbridge packages offer insider’s access into the world’s most competitive application process.
Oxford and Cambridge are the most prestigious universities in the UK, and two of the leading higher education institutions in the world.
Winning a place requires innate intelligence and aptitude, demonstrable hard work and academic achievement, and an outstanding application.
The Oxbridge admissions process is designed to rigorously test and challenge the brightest minds. As well as your excellent grades and personal statement, you will be required (if invited) to undergo a series of challenging interviews and tests to determine whether or not you’re awarded a place. Understanding this complicated admissions process, and having a purposeful strategy for preparation, will help you put your best foot forward and improve your chances of getting in.
GIVING YOU THE TOOLS TO ACE THE INTERVIEW
Here at MPS, we know exactly how to make a successful Oxbridge application because we’ve been through the process ourselves. Armed with the knowledge of what it takes to ace the interview – and what it’s like once you’re there – we are perfectly placed to help you make an informed application to Oxford or Cambridge.
Whether you’ve been invited for an interview or are still making a decision about where to apply, our Oxbridge packages offer insider’s access into the world’s most competitive application process.
OUR OXBRIDGE APPLICATIONS PACKAGES:
Our ‘Colours’ package helps you prepare for one of the most rigorous academic interviews you will ever face.
Conducted in person or via Skype with one of our specialist tutors – themselves an Oxbridge graduate – this interactive and personalised interview preparation session will put you through your paces so that the real thing doesn’t seem so daunting.
Every interview preparation session will include:
- A discussion of your subject knowledge and academic interests.
- An unseen problem, article or text to analyse – often one of the most unnerving elements of the Oxbridge interview.
- Discussion about a piece of pre-submitted work – something many Oxbridge colleges request as part of your application.
- Clear and constructive feedback on your interview manner and style, as well as a personal programme of reading and questions so that you can effectively continue your preparation afterwards.
THE HALF BLUE
If you are aspiring to Oxbridge but have no clue where to start, our ‘Half Blue’ package will help you explore your options more fully.
Spend half a day (four hours) with a recent graduate in the university city of your choice. With access to colleges and department buildings not available to ordinary visitors, as well as three or four years of knowledge about the realities of life at Oxbridge, you will be taken on a personalised tour from an insider’s perspective.
Every ‘Half Blue’ tour will include:
- An access-all-areas tour around either Oxford or Cambridge, taking in the main university buildings and student areas.
- A recent graduate guide for the day, who will provide a real insight into life as an Oxbridge student.
- Lunch in a favourite student haunt, providing you with the opportunity to quiz your guide on everything Oxbridge – the good, the bad, the ugly!
THE FULL BLUE
Our ‘Full Blue’ package offers the ultimate Oxbridge preparation: a tour of either Oxford or Cambridge with a graduate guide, plus a personalised interview preparation session.
Combining both our ‘Half Blue’ and ‘Colours’ packages into one, you will enjoy not only an access-all-areas tour around either Oxford or Cambridge (including lunch), but also interactive interview practice in the shadows of the dreaming spires.